An effective coach needs a mix of broad coaching and life experience, professional affiliation, adherence to an appropriate ethical code and formal training evidenced by a reputable coaching qualification.
- My coaching clients range from people in business and the law to teachers, people working or aspiring to work in arts organisations, and creative artists. We address a wide variety of issues ranging across the spectrum of those referred to in the captions to the pictures on this website, as are indicated by a selection of testimonials at the foot of the home page.
- My prior sector experience is in law, business, education, academia and the performing arts and I have worked for not-for-profit organizations and have held non-executive Directorships in two charities. Further details of my professional qualifications and experience are on my Linkedin profile under “Esther Cavett”.
- I have worked with the award-winning diversity organization Cityparents, which provides support and information for working parents in the City of London, and run its mentoring scheme. The distinction between mentoring and coaching is addressed here. I have also worked with the coaching organization Talking Talent and alongside psychologists at DCCClinical.
- On a personal level, I am a wife, mother and stepmother and have worked throughout my adult life. I have been a carer in relation to various mental health issues and experienced recovering from traumatic physical injury.
- I am a full member of The Association of Coaching and adhere to its Code of Ethics, which requires me to carry indemnity insurance and have regular reflective supervision, which I choose to have with an experienced chartered clinical psychologist and coach. I am a member of the Association of Integrative Coach Therapist Professionals and a graduate member of the British Psychological Society.
- My principal coaching training has been with the Centre for Coaching, UK, which offers Middlesex University accredited, cognitive-behavioural based courses and awarded me a postgraduate-level Diploma and an Advanced Certificate in Psychological Coaching. I have a Certificate in Counselling Skills from The Minster Centre, a Postgraduate Certificate in Psychology from the University of Roehampton, and an MSc in Psychology from Birmingham City University.